For decades, Ólafur (the Icelandic president) has made sure to exercise at least 50 minutes a day. "We usually start the day with a power walk with Sámi. But I think he started eating healthier food after we met, he now eats more vegetables and less wine bread," says First Lady Dorrit Moussaieff in an interview with Fréttatímann (News Time) when she is asked about her husband's physical condit...
On Tuesday, February 15, 2011, the Norðurál’s health year committee visited the LazyTown Studio, which is located at Miðhrauni 4 in Garðabær. LazyTown and the activities that take place there were introduced, and then an agreement was signed between LazyTown and Norðurál. It was signed by Einar Karl Birgisson, the manager of LazyTown in Iceland, and Brian Marshall, Norðurál’s director of education and Norðurál’s health year project manager. LazyTown will be among Norðurál’s partners for the Year of Health.
Director of Education Brian Marshall says because of this agreement, health promotion, like other subjects and goals, works best when people work on them together. “The cooperation between Norðurál and LazyTown supports Norðurál’s Health Year in many ways. For example, it can help us convey a message about health to our children and at the same time make the year of health more fun, both for us and for the children. And perhaps not least, this improves Norðurál’s image both externally and internally,” says Brian.
An example of what lies ahead as a result of the collaboration with LazyTown is:
• Norðurál publishes a poster and a video about exercise
• Educational material, games and even TV programs will be offered on nordural.is
• Representatives of LazyTown come and hold a lecture for Norðurál employees related to the project, children’s health and exercise.
• Norðurál invites Sportacus to visit kindergartens and primary schools in Akranes, Borgarnes and Hvalfjarðar County.
• LazyTown will take part in the Norðuráls Games, the Norðurás Soccer Tournament and Norðurál’s Christmas ball
• Norðurál will be the sponsor of Útvarp Latibaer (Radio LazyTown) FM 102.2.